Friday, August 28, 2009

This just happened...

Chase,

You know how we are.
You'll say one thing, I'll say another.

You make this threat, I make that one...

Well...

I got your colorful message in my voicemail, a brief moment ago, and it touched me. Something deep down inside of me was moved.

...to kill you.

But, being as far away from you as I am, I settled on writing you a nasty facebook message.

Now, I need to take a moment and explain something... When I find a neat website, or have an idea that I want to remember, I generally login to gmail, paste the idea or web address in an email, jot my own name into the "To:" box, and send my idea to myself for later reading...

In my haste to slander you this evening, and out of this habit I've formed through gmail, I typed my own name into facebook's "To:" box this evening...

Which wouldn't ordinarily be a problem, except that one day, years ago, I searched my own name on facebook and friended some other guy who has my name and whom I've never met before...

Well, needless to say, I just sent the following message to a complete stranger:

*begin message*

I have a key to your house.
I'll touch your stuff whenever I want.


Make sure your books are upright.

*end message*

1 comment:

Katie said...

& you came through.

amazing.